To flash Tracker's firmware:
- Copy the firmware .ptf file to the Tracker’s microSD card using the attached microSD card USB dongle reader,
- Or use the Polyend Tool,
Find the latest official firmware release here.
Obtain the beta firmware version files here.
In case of trouble
The first and simplest action to try is to disconnect the USB C cable connector from its port on the back panel of the instrument. This usually helps. Another thing to do in such a case is to try the config reset in the Config/Firmware section.
But if your device lost power during the upgrade, the SD file structure was damaged, or the firmware doesn’t boot up for any other reason, you can perform one of the two emergency flashing procedures as follows:
- just simply press the hidden reset button on the back panel of the instrument and it will automatically flash with a randomly picked firmware .ptf file from the SD card Firmware/ folder.
- download the Polyend Tool,
- download a known working firmware file either from the Polyend website or one of the previous beta .ptf files,
- remove the SD card from the Tracker,
- connect your Tracker directly to your computer with a USB cable (avoid USB hubs and dongles),
- power up the Tracker,
- in the Polyend Tool, choose the .ptf file you want to flash with,
- use a pin to press the hidden Reset button next to the Tracker’s USB C port,
- wait for the firmware update to complete,
- if it’s at 100% but the device didn’t reboot on its own, do it manually,
- re-insert the SD card into the Tracker’s slot,
important: Unit is still crashing? Try this: connect your SD card to your computer and delete the hidden “Workspace” folder.